My name is Aaron, I am a Dad.
His name is Josh, he is a son...of mine...the son...my only...you know what I mean.

Sunday, January 14, 2018

Ultima 6 day 12 : Combat Controls and Jaana Joins

Once again, we find ourselves wandering Britannia somewhat randomly. For those of you whom have read the last post, it's been a while and Joshua and I rarely play, but we've had a recent resurgence of interest!

Whoo-Hoo!

Joshua is starting to get the hang of things, I still walk him through combat, but he can now find and input the commands very quickly. He is also reading more steadily. I feel this is a big thing as my first few tries playing this game were back when reading was magic my parents did for me.

To say our wanderings were random wasn't very fair, Josh is also getting that hang of navigating the roads and recognising landmarks on the map. This lead us to running into and recruiting Jaana into our party.

I wish this was where I could input something funny and exciting, but to tell the truth, we haven't had much in the way of hijinks. No random deaths by way of running into overwhelmingly powerful beasts. No misunderstandings between the two of us. And no randomly attacking NPCs for no reason...

*Eyes Finn*

Or for reasons...

     -Dear Joshua,

Not the most exciting few game sessions, although we've been a bit more focused on Legend of Zelda : A Link to the Past. You've been getting the hang of figuring things out by trial and error, but reading instructions and following directions has been missed somehow. You're like your mother, throwing away the manual and getting halfway through a project before admitting she has no idea what she's doing. It's the ADHD she says, it'll get better as you learn to focus and slow down.

Always with love,
Dad


"Manuals are noobs" - Mom 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment