My name is Aaron, I am a Dad.
His name is Josh, he is a son...of mine...the son...my only...you know what I mean.

Friday, March 10, 2017

Introduction

My name is Aaron, I am a Dad.
His name is Josh, he is a son...of mine...the son...my only...you know what I mean.

I also have a wife and daughter, they rule the house...but not my BLOG! HA!

FREEDo-...oh hi honey...

*Ahem*

As I was saying, I have been attempting to bond with my son over gaming. This includes a simple tabletop RPGs and a few video games.

Josh has a lot of energy. I do not.
I enjoy slow and steady. Josh does not.

I work two jobs, so time is at a premium, but I have really felt that Josh and I could use a center, something we both can enjoy without frustrating each other. So, as an experiment, I have installed Ultima 6 with dosbox on a raspberry pi and we are currently playing through together. The idea came to me both from a side project in Minecraft, involving creating my own maps of Britannia, and from an anecdote of Spoony's about his childhood. If you haven't seen his retrospective of the Ultima series, it's highly recommended.

With the success of the first two nights and other hopeful ideas to come, I have decided to chronicle our adventures and projects. I'm also going to be posting my own projects I hope to finish for myself, my children, and fans of Ultima, Minecraft, and Tabletop Games.

     - Dear Joshua,

If you read this one day and I have embarrassed you in any way by posting funny bits of your childhood on the internet. HA! HA!

With Love,
Dad

Links:
Spoony's Ultima Retrospective

No comments:

Post a Comment